Rye is a grass grown extensively as a grain, a cover crop and as a forage crop. It is a member of the wheat tribe and is closely related to barley and wheat (Source : Wikipedia). The Bread made with Rye is a excellent substitute for regular sandwich bread. This is a simple breakfast sandwich made with boiled eggs, cream cheese and fresh cucumber. Enjoy this sandwich with a cup of Coffee or Tea or for snacks.
Ingredients: (Serves 2 people)
- 4 slices of rye bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 boiled eggs, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 small salad cucumber, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- To start making Rye Breakfast sandwich with Cucumber and Eggs, In a small bowl add crumbled eggs and cream cheese, stir well to combine.
- Place the 2 bread slices, brush some butter on each slice.
- Place thinly sliced cucumber into layer on each slice.
- Divide the egg mixture and spread evenly above layered cucumber. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Butter the remaining bread slices and cover the sandwich with butter side down.
- Serve sliced in the middle.