Bamboo shoots are the sprouts that spring out besides bamboo tree. They are consumed largely in Asian countries. They have so much of medical benefits that they are healthy to consume. They have low sugar, caloric content but loaded with fiber, vitamins and minerals too.
Here is a simple stir fry with bamboo shoot and can be served with rice or roti. They are perfect as a party side dish recipe too. With just flavors from olive oil and chill flakes, they blend in with all the vegetables well. With little crispy and spicy texture its so best side for pasta too.
- 2 small bamboo shoots, juliened
- 6 medium cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 finely chopped spring onions with greens
- 5 small sweet peppers, julienned
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- To start making Bamboo Shoot Fry, Heat up a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add olive oil when its hot, add chopped spring onions and saute for 2 minutes.Add bamboo shoots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped sweet peppers and mushrooms with required salt, cook until all the vegetables are cooked but crispy. Sprinkle chill flakes and stir for a minute. check salt and serve hot.