Whether its a Tea party or Tea for two, Tea cakes are best combination along a good cup of tea. Tea cakes are sponge cake made with different flavors and can be delicious without any frosting on the top. Without any butter added the goodness of cocoa and nutrients from beetroot this tea cake is simple and delicious. Enjoy the deep flavors from cocoa, spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and wholesome of nutrients from beetroot through every bite in this moist and light cake.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grated beetroot
- To start making Chocolate Beetroot Tea Cake, Preheat oven to 375'F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, cocoa powder until combined.
- In another large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar for about a minute or until its thick.
- Add in the vanilla extract, grated beetroot and stir to combine.
- Fold in the prepared flour mixture with a spatula and stir to make sure everything is well combined.
- Line up parchment paper in a 8x10 baking tray and spray the bottom using cooking spray.
- Spread the batter evenly on into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clear when pricked in the middle of the cake.
- Transfer the cake to the cooling rack to cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled slice to required slices and serve with a cup of tea or coffee.