Traditional paniyaram recipes are definitely unbeatable but If you wish to sneak in some protein into your diet through breakfast then here is something that will change the traditional paniyaram that we are used to. Quinoa flour is a great healthy substitute to our regular paniyaram. Healthy dose of nutrition in every bite you take. Enjoy these deliciously soft paniyaram with spicy coconut chutney on the side for a wonderful breakfast treat.
- 1/2 cup dosa batter
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- salt as needed
- To start making Quinoa Egg paniyaram, Take a small bowl add dosa batter, quinoa flour, beaten egg, green chillies, shallots, curry leaves, baking soda and stir well until everything is combined. add salt as needed.
- Heat up oil in the small kadai for tempering. add mustard seeds, when splatters add cumin and urad dal. pour the tempering to prepared batter and stir well to combine.
- Heat a paniyaram pan, pour 1/2 teaspoon oil in each depression. pour some batter into it and cook covered until the bottom of paniyaram is golden brown. Flip each paniyaram using a skewer and let it cook from the other side.
- Once cooked from all sides, transfer them to a plate and serve with chutney on the side.