Cauliflower crust pizza is a quick pizza that doesn't need any flour. The crust is made of finely minced cauliflower with egg, salt, herbs and cheese. Cauliflower is an excellent source of Vitamin C and K. It is higher in dietary fiber and rich with omega 3 fatty acids. Along with regular tomato marinara sauce we also add some fresh spinach basil pesto. Sundries tomatoes and goat cheese make this more delicious. This is a great substitute for people who cannot eat flour crust pizza due to gluten problems.
- 1 large cauliflower, cleaned and florets separated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup spinach basil pesto
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Mozzarella and goat cheese for added toppings
- salt to taste
- To start making Cauliflower Crust Pizza with spinach basil pesto, sundried tomatoes and goat cheese toppings, add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse to form fine crumbs working in batches.
- Once done drain the excess liquid from processed cauliflower using a muslin cloth by squeezing well. Make sure to squeeze out the maximum liquid possible.
- Add the cauliflower pulp to a medium bowl and add in eggs, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, basil, red chili flakes, garlic powder, onion powder with required salt and mix well. Preheat oven to 400'F. Line the pizza stone with parchment paper.
- Add the prepared cauliflower mixture and spread evenly like pizza dough. Bake this in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly brown on the top.
- Remove the prepared crust spread the marinara sauce, spinach basil pesto, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella and goat cheese . Bake again for about 7 minutes or until cheese melts evenly. Serve warm.