Brownies are famous baked dessert served in bakeries in USA. The brownies taste depends totally on the density of the cooked brownie. They are different variations like using nuts, chocolate chips and some with brown sugar which is also called as blondies. This is a recipe using whole wheat flour, Its a tasty variation that sure be enjoyed by everyone in the family.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 ounces of semisweet dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoon butter, plus more for pan
- To start making Whole wheat brownies, Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease 4 inch square pan with some butter.
- Layer the bottom with parchment paper and keep aside.
- In a medium bowl add whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and stir to mix well, keep aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips on a double boiler. Remove once melted.
- Add applesauce and coconut sugar, stir until sugar is melted. Add beaten egg and combine well. Add all the dry ingredients little by little and stir until everything comes together.
- Pour the brownie batter to the prepared brownie tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle shows slight crumbs. Remove and cool down.
- Slice them to your needed size and serve with Milk/Coffee or a scoop of ice cream.