Jaljeera is a refreshment drink served during summer. Jaljeera means cumin water. This has different flavors added to make it sweet, spicy and tangy. It is excellent for digestion. Here is a variation by adding pineapple. Pineapple adds a sweet and tangy combination and makes it perfect for summer or a drink for parties.
For making jaljeera powder:
- 4 teaspoon dried mint
- 4 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon citric acid
- pinch of asafetida
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 2 black cardamon
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small clove
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted fennel seeds
For making pineapple jaljeera:
- 2 cups fresh pineapple juice (strained twice)
- 1 cup Cold water
- 1/3 cup jaljeera powder or as needed
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- To start making Pineapple Jaljeera drink, in a spice grinder jar, add all the ingredients given under "For Jaljeera Powder" and grind them to a fine powder. Use a dry sleeve/strainer and sleeve the powder once.
- In a pitcher add fresh pineapple juice, cold water, lemon juice with jaljeera powder as needed and stir to combine.
- Garnish with some mint leaves and serve.