Peanuts are packed with vitamins and nutrients. They are a good source of heart healthy mono saturated fat. Boiled peanuts are loaded with antioxidants as they absorb antioxidants from the shell while they are boiled. They are high in fiber so you feel full having just a handful.
Boiled Peanut Hummus is a wonderful recipe combining different flavors including olive oil and sesame oil which make this recipe a perfect dip for the chips. They taste so delicious that its tough to find the difference from the real chickpea hummus. Serve them with homemade pita chips or crackers. We can also use them as a spread on toast, bagel or for mediterranean sandwiches.
- 1 cup shelled boiled peanuts
- 2 tablespoons grated raw mango
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- pinch of kashmiri chili
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoon water
- salt as needed
- To start making Boiled peanuts hummus, add all the ingredients to your food processor except water.
- Pulse couple of times to breakdown all the ingredients. Add water little by little and process until coarse or smooth and creamy based on your preference.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature along with pita chips.