January 10, 2016

ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Review





            My blog is about to take a little geeky diversion on this post as I was asked if I can review the ‘Zenfone 2 Laser’ mobile phone from ASUS. Typically, I’m an Apple-phile, as Android can give you too many technical options but if someone asks you to try out a new phone, who wouldn’t? I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and found the phone to be sleek and stylish with an attractive back panel in dark red.




        I’m not going to dig deep into the technical specifications; there are experts out there to do a better job on it. Features I liked in general are the conveniently and smartly located Volume Buttons on the back panel you can adjust naturally while speaking to someone. The screen is larger than I expected, it is about the size of an iPhone 6 Plus, so it got some getting used to, but after a while, didn’t feel so bad, especially with its full HD display.






             And coming to the feature that matters most to a food blogger, the Zenfone 2 Laser has a 13MP rear camera that captures photos and videos well in low light conditions thanks to ASUS’ Pixelmaster technology. The camera usage is simple and straightforward, has a lot of shooting modes like HDR, Super Resolution, Depth of Field and so on. And for the professional photographer in you, it even has a Manual mode where you can adjust all the settings. Image quality is at its best with good lighting conditions and the resulting photos are sharp and full of life. The front facing camera with its 5MP quality comes with a real time beautification feature which is both intelligent and fun to use. There is a selfie panoroma feature as well to fit everyone in your large group; I think I might need that one of these days! Here are few pictures that I took using the phone.















              If there’s something the phone can improve is its location of the power button which is on top of the phone and needs some hand maneuver to reach it. But the double tap feature to wake or sleep overcomes that difficulty quite easily. And last but not the least, the laser auto-focus system makes it quicker and easier to focus on objects and even making them sharper on images.