Skillet Potato and Eggs are a perfect Brunch or Dinner recipe. It is a comforting recipe to serve. The crunchy roasted potatoes with mild sweetness from the sweet potatoes and the egg yolks and whites perfectly cooked with the cheese makes this dish delicious.
Try it with different herbs and cheese of your choice. Add more vegetables like zucchini or peppers to make a variation. We can also make this dish by grating the potatoes like hash browns and cook the same way. Enjoy this dish hot for a melting recipe treat.
- 2 small red potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 scallion, separate white and green, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated fresh mozzarella
- salt and pepper as required
- To start making Skillet Potato with Eggs, Pre-heat the oven to 400'F. Heat up a cast iron skillet on stove top. Add olive oil, garlic, red onion and scallion(only white part). Saute until translucent.
- Add both potatoes with little salt. Cook and stir until golden brown and tender.
- Stir in Italian herbs, chopped parsley and pepper, check for salt and add if needed. Make 3 wells in the potato mixture.
- Break an egg in each well. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but not hard. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for a minute or until cheese melts. Serve Immediately.