Overnight Pumpkin French Toast baked Casserole is an excellent weekend Breakfast/Brunch recipe. All the prep work can be done the night before, let it sit in the refrigerator and soak well. Next day all we need to do is heat up the oven and bake.
The batter consists of eggs and different flavors of spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Choose your favorite bread that is dense in nature from regular loaf to raisin thick swirl bread. With the goodness of pumpkin this is a french toast that would melt inside your mouth for every bite you take.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- 4 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups of diced french loaf / half loaf french bread sliced
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, cold/sliced
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk / regular milk
- To start making Overnight Pumpkin French Toast baked Casserole, in a medium bowl whisk eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, ground cloves, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, brown sugar, pumpkin puree together, do not work too much just stir to combine. Add milk and stir well again.
- Grease 8x8 baking dish with some butter. Arrange and level the diced bread. Pour the prepared egg mixture over the top making sure its covered all over the bread. Use a spatula and stir to coat. Cover up with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day pre-heat oven to 350'F. Remove the plastic wrap and place some sliced butter all over. Sprinkle the walnuts. Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until the knife poked in the center comes out clean. Cool down for 10 minutes and serve with maple syrup.