Quinoa Cookies are a great method of adding quinoa to kids' diet. These cookies include healthy ingredients and has a deeper flavor of coconut. They are baked quickly and can be stored at room temperature for weeks. They serve as a midday snack or for your night cravings too.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl add egg, vanilla extract, salt, oil, sugar, baking powder and beat until everything is combined.
- Add cooked quinoa, flour, shredded coconut, oats, mashed banana and combine well. Add in the chia seeds and ½ cup of chocolate chips finally and stir.
- Preheat the oven to 350’F. Line a baking tray with wax paper. Place a scoop of mixture with an inch apart. Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire wrack.