These are perfect breakfast muffins with a combination of healthy ingredients. Avocado makes these muffins moist and quinoa gives loaded nutrients. They are quick and easy to prepare.
Ingredients: (Yields 6 muffins)
- 1 large egg, beaten to pale
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 honey
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- To start making Avocado Quinoa Muffins, preheat the oven to 350'F. Line a 6 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a food processor bowl add egg, vanilla extract, almond milk, mashed avocado, honey and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a wide bowl add the quinoa flour, all purpose flour, almond meal, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, chia seeds and stir well to combine.
- Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients and pour the avocado mixture, fold in the ingredients using a spatula until well combined.
- Divide and pour the batter equally on to the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Once done remove from the oven and cool down completely on a wire rack.