Sweet Potato also called as Yam are loaded with Iron, fiber and minerals. They are high with vitamins B6 and C. This bread is savory and sweet enough for lunch or dinner or you can also serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This bread is flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg. The nutty flavors are in built with pecans and raisins.
Ingredients: 1 (7-1/2x3-1/2) loaf
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- To start making Maple Sweet Potato Bread, preheat the oven to 350'F. Grease 7-1/2x3-1/2 loaf pan with some butter and flour, keep aside. In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, oats, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and stir.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg, milk and vanilla extract together. Add the sweet potato puree, maple syrup, olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Make a small well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the sweet potato mixture, stir well. Stir in the chia seeds and pecans.
- Pour the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool down on the wire wrack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as a bread side or with a scoop of ice cream on top as a dessert.