March 9, 2015

Savory Carrot Olive Sandwich Spread



            
          Cream cheese is my favorite. I love them on bagels especially toasted bagels though I know the fact that just cream cheese on our bagels may add more calories than regular. When I wanted to make my breakfast spread more healthier this is what I came into. Lets make our cream cheese way more healthier by mixing in some vegetables like grated carrots, spinach, olive and some nuts. This would help us to intake raw vegetables and less amount of cream cheese. 




           Here is a recipe with fresh raw vegetables with little cream cheese to form a savory spread that is healthy. So next time you spoon cream cheese with veggies on bagels or toast, I'm sure you will be more happy that it is healthier than the calorie filled plain version.


Ingredients: (Serves 3 people)
  • 2 large carrots. Grated
  • ½ cup spinach, finely chopped
  • ¼ cup pecans, minced
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon chia seeds
  • 2 pimento-stuffed green olives, minced
  • ½ teaspoon dried basil
  • 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese

Method:


  • To start making Savory Carrot Sandwich Spread, combine the carrots, pecans, garlic, green olives, basil, cream cheese, chia seeds until the mixture holds together. Serve on warm or toasted bread/bagel.