I started loving oats because they were easy to cook for breakfast or snack. After knowing their health benefits and different variations that we can make, I started trying different recipes. The recipe below is a No Cook version. Very healthy and easy recipe that you can make in a big bowl or in Individual mason jars for single serve portions. Just have them ready the night before and in the morning all you need to do is just add some toppings and eat.
You can make lots of variations using this recipe. In general equal portion of Oats and Milk soaked overnight results in overnight oatmeal. To make flavors try to add different fruits or nuts or substitute milk with yogurt or coconut milk. Its all in your way to build the flavors into it. It might have a mild raw flavor but if you like your oats to be warm just heat up in the microwave for few seconds.
Ingredients: (Serves 1 person)
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup (Can substitute coconut milk, skim milk, almond milk or yogurt too)
- Blueberries - 1/3 cup
- Chia Seeds - 1 tablespoon (Can substitute ground Flax seeds too)
- Honey - 1 teaspoon
- Almonds - 1 tablespoon (Sliced)
- Vanilla Extract - 3 drops
- Salt - 1 small pinch