If you want to treat your family with gluten free, grain free, fluffy and nutrients loaded pancakes that are quick and easy to make then here is one easy recipe. Almond flour is the main ingredient in this recipe and so are healthy and perfect for your breakfast.
I was totally inspired by Kelly's recipe that I had to give a try with some changes in few ingredients. You can make these a day ahead or store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days like regular muffins. Just warm it up in microwave and serve when needed.
Ingredients: (Makes 6 Muffins)
- Blanched Almond Flour - 1-1/2 cups
- Chia Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Powdered Cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Blueberries - 1/4 cup
- Raspberries - 1/4 cup
- Whole Milk - 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil - 2 tablespoons
- Honey - 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg - 2 no's (beaten to pale color)
- Pre-heat oven to 350'F. Grease Muffin tins with some coconut oil or butter or nonstick spray and set aside(we are not using liners here). In a food processor jar add all the wet ingredients except eggs and blend until it is smooth.
- Now add all the dry ingredients into it except berries and pulse long enough to combine all the ingredients.
- Add beaten eggs to this mixture and pulse until the eggs are incorporated well (do not over mix).
- Pour the batter to fill 1/3rd of each greased muffin cup. Add few berries and evenly divide the remaining batter among the muffin cups and top with additional berries (I like blueberries and raspberries but you can use mixed berries or specifically the one you like). Bake them for 20 minutes or until toothpick pricked in the middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the tray for 5 minutes. Run through a knife in the sides of each cup and invert them over a plate and serve.
For more wonderful Pancake recipes click on links from Food Network Friends
The Lemon Bowl: Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
Dishing with Divya: Grain Free Pancake Muffins
Taste with the Eyes: Savory Korean Breakfast Pancake
The Mom 100: Pumpkin Pancakes
Dishin & Dishes: Red Velvet Pancakes
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Sweet Potato Pancakes with Chipotle Drizzle
Red or Green: Cornmeal Pancakes with Gingered Berries
Weelicious: Whole Wheat Pancake and Waffle Mix
Haute Apple Pie: Healthy Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
The Wimpy Vegetarian: Spinach & Garlic Chickpea Pancakes with Sriracha Yogurt
Domesticate Me: Ricotta Pancakes with Maple-Bourbon Whipped Cream
Creative Culinary: The Best Buttermilk Pancakes