December 23, 2014

Fruit Juice Jelly

       

              There was a refrigerator advertisement in India when I was 5 or 6 years old. The ad would showcase a big block of dancing jelly which mom would surprise the kids with. I should say I became a fan for that dancing delight from that time. I used to buy some jelly packs with the little pocket money I had when I was small while walking back home after school. My mom never made them nor we had any idea about making it.




            Things changed and now I want to try all possible things at home and make my little one happy. This is not my recipe and I followed this from the recipe on the gelatin box. My little one fell for Fruit Blocks / Jelly because of RV. She made a whole muffin tray of Fruit blocks last time we were there and our little one's completed that in one sitting. From then on my angel was behind me to make some for her. Tomorrow she is having her christmas party in her play school and this would make a great snack treat for all those other little one's along. Now who will not love those little dancing blocks :) . Update : I sent her with 4 dozens of jelly and the box came back empty. My little one also told me that all her friends ate happily - now that is a credit.



Ingredients: (About 1 dozen)
  • Unflavored Gelatin - 1 Envelope
  • Fruit Juice - 1/4 cup (Cold)
  • Fruit Juice - 3/4 cup (To be boiled)
  • Honey / Sugar - 1 teaspoon (Optional)
(I made 4 times of this recipe. So my pictures would show more quantity than the given measurement. I used "Welch's Concord Grape Juice" and "Knox Gelatine" for this recipe. You can use fresh fruit juice for this recipe too. Remember to bring juice to boil before adding gelatin to the cold juice.)


Method:
  • In a Sauce pan bring 3/4 cup of juice just to boil(Just before boiling stage). Stir the Gelatin into the remaining 1/4 cup of cold juice until dissolved(this would look a bit thick).


  • Add Honey/Sugar to the Cold juice and Gelatin mixture. Now add the hot juice and stir everything together until mixed properly(I used honey and it got thick due to the cold).


  • Pour this to a small tray or bowls as per the size/shape of jelly you need. Cool down to room temperature on your counter top. Then refrigerate for 3 hours or more and cut to required size and serve. Keep Refrigerated.