The most beautiful time of the year - Christmas! It is so wonderful to see the decorations everywhere and hear christmas songs and carols. People enjoy shopping, cooking and sharing. Christmas dinners do require something for drinking - now I'm not into something alcoholic but here is something different for your taste buds with a splash of tropical flavor.
The usual recipe of this drink calls for Condensed milk but I used coconut milk instead and added sugar. Well I am a lover of Coconut as it adds intense creaminess to anything you cook. From Curries to Drinks Coconut Milk adds a great texture and Tropical flavor. Cinnamon and Vanilla help to reduce the raw smell of carrots from this drink. One flavorful tropical drink that you can say cheers for.
Ingredients: (Serves 4 People)
- Carrot - 2 Lb (Peeled and Chopped)
- Nutmeg - 1/4 Teaspoon (Grated)
- Cinnamon - 1/4 Teaspoon (Powdered)
- Coconut Milk - 7 Oz
- Vanilla Extract - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Water - 2-1/2 Cups
- Sugar / Honey - 1/4 cup (More or less as you need)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Add Carrots, Ginger with water in a blender and make a fine puree. Extract the juice using a muslin cloth/Strainer.
- Add Coconut Milk and Sugar, Stir until sugar dissolves. In a small bowl Dissolve Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Vanilla extract and add this to carrot juice, stir well. Serve chilled or with Ice cubes.
For more delicious Holiday Drink recipes click some links below from my Food Network friends:
The Cultural Dish: Homemade Adult Eggnog
The Mom 100: Caramel Chocolate Frappe
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Cranberry Margaritas (Perfect for your Holiday Parties)
Red or Green: Spiced Eggnog (Egg and Dairy Free)
Weelicious: Double Chocolatey Hot Cocoa in a Jar
Dishing with Divya: Caribbean Carrot Punch
Taste with the Eyes: Exquisite French Martini for the Holidays, Macaron Garnish
Domesticate Me: Grapefruit-Rosemary Mule