I was sitting with my little one and watching "Curious George" cartoon and they had an episode which was about Vietnamese food and that is how I became curious about that cuisine. I have never tasted anything sweet with avocados until I tasted this smoothie - Oh my, may be this is the best creamiest sweetest smoothie I ever had in my life. This is a simple milk shake using Avocado Milk and Condensed milk but THE TASTIEST you can ever bet for. This is super creamy and purely delicious.
Basically they are served thick but I love milk shakes a bit thin so I had to increase milk in this recipe. Condensed milk plays a beautiful role in this recipe as a sweetener. This makes this smoothie so luscious and also pops out the creaminess of Avocado. I am so happy with the results of this smoothie and don't worry if you have over ripe Avocados because if you cannot make guacamole as you planned try this instead.
Ingredients: (Serves 3 people)
- Avocado - 1 medium sized and ripe
- Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup (More or less to sweeten)
- Cold Milk - 2 cups (or more to thin if needed)
- Ice cubes - 1/2 cup
(If you plan to increase milk then you may need to increase condensed milk too to balance the sweet taste. For the above ingredients it served 3 medium sized glasses and the smoothie was still thick like melted ice-cream. I added more milk for my family members as they needed it that way but it was tastier when it was thick).
- Cut the Avocado length wise around the seed. Open the two halves. Remove the seed. Use a spoon to scoop the flesh of avocado.
- In a mixer add Avocado, Condensed Milk, Ice cubes and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add milk and blend again. Milk is used to thin your smoothie so add more if you need.
- Serve cold. Consume immediately or you can store this in the refrigerator for a day, but remember it might have some discoloration.
Happy To link this recipe with Haffa's "Back to School Lunch Ideas Event"