4th of July is Independence day celebration in the USA. You see this Red, White and Blue theme everywhere. A day to have loads of outdoor fun and party, with the odor of barbecue and grill hanging in the air and beautiful fireworks ending the day. But the 4th of July is more special for our family that just that because its our WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. Its been 5 years of our Married life, facing the ups and downs of life together and supportin each other and living for one another :).
Something quick and easy was what I had to plan for this week's Summer Soiree that has the Fourth of July theme. Nothing could be as easy as a salad - Fun part of this recipe is you can have this as a salad or serve this on the top of plain vanilla cake with some whipped cream or also for Vanilla Ice cream. The colder they are served the sweeter they taste.
Ingredients: (Serves 4 people)
- Strawberry / Rasberry / Plums - 1/2 Pint (Washed and Quartered)
- Blueberries - 1/2 Pint (Washed)
- Banana - 2 No's (Small)
- Honey - 1-1/2 Tablespoon (Increase or decrease as you need)
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Rose Syrup - 1/2 teaspoon (Optional or use 3 drops of rose essence)
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Mint Leaves - 1 Tablespoon (Finely Chopped)
- Mix Lemon Juice, Honey, Cinnamon Powder, Mint leaves and Rose syrup together in a small bowl. Add Strawberries and Blueberries, toss well and refrigerate until cold or at least for half an hour. Slice the bananas to 1/2 inch thick slices and toss that along with berries before serving.