The first time I had Carrot Juice was just months ago when I tried Earthbound Organic Farms juice and I simply got addicted with the taste. The juice was so smooth and simply yummy with a clear taste of carrots. I planned to replicate the taste by preparing carrot juice at home. When my little one completed half a glass of juice in no time, I knew I had hit jackpot. Any one who has tried Earthbound could try this recipe and vouch for me :).
- Carrot - 225 grams(I used Baby Carrots)
- Cold Water - 1 cup
- Cold Milk - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1-1/2 tablespoon
- Peel the skin of carrot and chop them to rough pieces.
- Add chopped Carrots, Milk, Water to a Blender/Mixer and grind to fine paste.
- Strain the pulp well to remove the juice completely.
- Add Honey to the strained juice and serve with ice cubes.
- I got around 400ml of juice for the above ingredients.
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger can also be added while blending if needed.
- Sugar can be substituted instead of honey too but reduce sugar or honey according to the sweetness of carrots used. Honey tasted much better than sugar.
- Do not waste the strained pulp; rather use them as a Face pack or also add while kneading chappathi dough.