Summer time means hydration time!! Its a common sight to see people with large cups of drinks in their hands sipping away constantly to keep them hydrated between their jogging, dog walking or strolls in the park. Agua Fresca means "Fresh Water" in spanish, a drink blended with fruits, sugar and water(At least that is what Wikipedia describes). We can also say this is a bit thicker version of fruit water.
When I knew that its Watermelon for Summer fest this week, Agua Fresca was the first thing that came to my mind. This is made by a variety of fruits but I love making it with Watermelon. Have added Green tea to inject some antioxidants for this wonderful drink. So share a glass of this refreshing drink with your friends on the beach or pool shouting "its time Divertirse" guys (Meaning its time "Have Fun" guys).
Watermelon - 5 heaping cups (1 inch cubed / Half big watermelon)
Orange - 3 no's (Small sized)
Green tea bag - 1 no
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
Coriander leaves - 20 leaves (finely chopped)
Salt - a pinch
Water - 2 cups(includes water for green tea and juice)
- Take a cup of water, Microwave for a minute. Add the green tea bag and let it sit for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bag and let the green tea cool down to room temperature.
- Peel the orange (cut the white wedges clearly to avoid bitterness in juice) add them to the blender along with remaining 1 cup of water and puree it. Strain the juice and keep aside.(We can alternate this by adding store bought orange juice along with 1/2 cup water)
- Add water melon to a blender with sugar and puree it. Strain well to a bowl. Now add the green tea, orange juice, lemon juice, coriander, salt and stir well. Serve chilled.
- I got about 6-1/2 measuring cups of watermelon juice after straining the puree.
- Adding sugar depends on the sweetness of Watermelon used, so Increase or decrease according to your need.
- Mint leaves are preferably liked by many...so add Mint leaves instead of Coriander to give this drink deep refreshment.
- A pinch of salt to this simply enhances the sweetness of this juice.
- Please remember fresh juice of orange will be bitter if you add with its white nerves, clearly remove and take only the flesh of orange.
|Slurping this big glass was great to quench the thirst this hot summer !!!|
This week Summer Fest is featuring Watermelon, so do checkout for some Great Watermelon Recipes from other "Summer Fest" Friends below:
The Sensitive Epicure: Watermelon with Feta, Mint, Olive Oil and Sea Salt
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Watermelon Popsicles with Mint, Basil and Lime
Red or Green: Spicy Watermelon Salad with Grilled Mahi Mahi
Weelicious: Watermelon Cinnamon Granita
Taste With The Eyes: Watermelon Carpaccio, Blistered Shishito, Mitsuba and Lime
Dishin & Dishes: Summer Mixed Melon Nachos with Mascarpone Cream
Domesticate Me: Sparkling Watermelon Punch & Bowl
Jeanette's Healthy Living: Sweet and Salty Greek Watermelon Feta Mint Salad
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Watermelon Vodka Rickey
Devour: Savory Watermelon Recipes
FN Dish: Cool Watermelon Drinks
Made by Michelle: Watermelon Basil Lemonade