This time in a hurry while shopping, I purchased a bag of oranges(Specially grown for preparing fresh juice) and didn't notice that until I tried peeling one for eating. This is what made this lazy bug to prepare Orange ginger juice. Am sure with no doubts you would have guessed that the two main ingredients in this juice are orange and ginger.
When we have margaritas in some restaurant I always notice that they include ginger or ginger juice with any drink that has orange juice. This is one reason I wanted to try ginger with plain orange juice and another little reason was my daughter had cough and she was suggested to feed orange juice by her pediatrician so thought ginger will add some more soothing.
Orange - 2 no's (medium sized)
Ginger - 1 inch sized(Grated)
Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon (Optional, i didn't add)
Salt - 1/2 pinch
Water - 1/4 cup
- Peel orange and add the fruit to the mixer along with all other ingredients above.
- Run the mixer at high speed and make the best juice out of it.
- Strain well if you don't like the pulp. i didn't strain. Orange Ginger juice is ready to serve.
- We can add mint leaves, ice cubes if needed.
- We can strain this very well and drink just the liquid.
- Salt enhances the sweet, so i suggest not to skip that.
- Add 1/2 ounce of lemon juice with 2 ounce of Tequila for making it a Margarita shot.
|Glass licking good ;)|