Kneading dough should not be a new adventure for us as we are used to making chappathis - Pizza dough is also similar. Its a fun activity to do it with our kids. I took the dough making reference from Vahrehvah chef, thank you chef. I altered the requirements according to my needs and here is the recipe of the dough required for making one 15" inch pizza. Super easy Homemade Pizza in no time :)
You guyz guessed it right - My Pizza is in my Draft oven ;)...soon to be delivered!
Bread flour / All purpose flour - 250 grams (I used Bread flour)
Yeast - 1 tablespoon
Water - 150ml
Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Olive oil - 2 tablespoon
- Take 150ml of luke warm water in a bowl and add Salt, Sugar, Yeast and half of the flour and whisk well and keep aside for 10 minutes to let the yeast ferment(please do not disturb the bowl).
- Now take the remaining flour to a bowl and mix the yeast mixture into it.
- Bring everything together and Knead it to form a dough.
- Take a wet cloth and cover up the bowl and let it rest in a warm place for 1 hour. After 1 hour, take the dough outside and knead it again and let it sit for another 1 hour again. So in total, 2 hours for setting pizza dough.
- The pizza dough will raise to double of its actual size after 2 hours. if you are not using the dough the same day or you have dough remaining then store them in the refrigerator in a air tight container at this stage.
- While adding yeast its important to use only luke warm water because boiling or hot water would make the dough hard.
- For people living in cold area like me, the following method helps to ferment the dough: pre-heat your conventional oven to 200`F for 5 minutes and switch off the oven. place the bowl inside it switching on the oven light and let it sit for 2 hours.
- The dough gets fermented and rises up. When you pat it, it will go back to its original size.