Groundnut chutney is the most favorite for my husband for idli/dosa. i still remember, when i had conversations before marriage with my MIL, she keeps telling me about his liking for this. i use to feel tough when i had to roast so much in kadai (i am a lazy bug) but now am so thankful to my friend Pradhi who told me about her mom doing this in oven.
From that time i started using my conventional oven for roasting them. It took me 3 to 4 try with different temperatures to perfectly roast them. so here it is, i got it set and am using the same temperature and time settings to do it again and again.
Raw Peanut/Groundnut - 1 Kg
Foil paper - as needed
Cookie or Dripping tray
- Pre-heat oven to 400' F for five minutes
- Foil your Cookie/Dripping tray.
- Drop your groundnuts and spread them in a manner it is just one layer(all groundnut should touch the foil paper)
- Arrange them in the bottom part of oven(so the heat will be higher)
- Set the timer for 10 minutes and let them roast.
- Now take them out after 5 minutes and just stir them from all sides and keep them inside for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Cool them completely and store them in a air tight container.
Note : Oven heat differs from one to other. 350'F to 400'F is the maximum heat required
|Foil your cookie/dripping tray.|
|Drop your groundnuts.|