Making a little change in a dish leads to different taste. i tried this idli podi when i was out of some regular ingredients....woohoo alternatives work.
Urad dhal - 1/2 cup
Chickpea - 1/2 cup
Roasted Groundnut - 1/4 cup
Black sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon
Coconut oil - 1 tablespoon
Dry red chilli - 8 numbers
Asafoetida - 1/2 inch chunk or 1/2 teaspoon powder
Fresh Garlic pods - 6 pods
Salt - to taste
- Heat Coconut oil in a kadai.
- Reduce the flame to medium.
- Add 1/2 cup of urad dhal,1/2 cup of chickpea, 1/4 cup of groundnut and roast them to light brown(we can smell them roasting).
- Now add dry red chilli, sesame seeds, asafoetida and garlic pods to the same.
- Roast everything and keep stiring so that nothing gets burned.
- switch off the stove and move the kadai and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add salt and grind them roughly (like rava or sooji granuels) in a mixer.
- All set side for your idli or dosa.
|Coconut oil,Sesame seeds,Dry red chilli,Garlic pods,Asafoetida|
|Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a kadai|
|Add 1/2 cup of Urad dhal|
|Add 1/2 cup of chickpea|
|Add 1/4 cup of ground nut and roast them to light brown(we can smell them roasting).|
|Add 6 pods of garlic,1 tbsp of sesame seeds, 8 dry red chilli, 1/2 tsp of asafoetida|
|Roast them without burning|
|Add required salt and grind them roughly(like rava granules) in a mixer|
|Add required ghee or oil while serving with idli or dosa|